Tuesday 10 November 2009

Questionnaire results; Tally of results and Pie Charts.

Tally of Results

Question 1.
16-18 (8)
18-24 (5)
25-30 (4)
30+ (3)

Question 2.
Paramore (6)
Eddie Halliwell (1)
U2 (2)
Kings of Leon (1)
The Smiths (1)
Korn (1)
Biffie Clyro (1)
Libertines (1)
Artic Monkeys (1)
Enter Shikari (1)
Kaiser Chiefs (1)
The Scrift (1)
Jack's Mannequin (1)
Supergrass (1)

15 of my 20 people surveyed answered that the band the chose "Make good music", and the remaining 5 answered that the band the chose use "creative writing."

Question 3.
Weekly (3)
Fortnightly (2)
Monthly (11)
Other (4)

Question 4.
0 (3)
1-3 (13)
4-6 (2)
More (2)

Question 5.
Tour dates (1)
New bands/Artists (4)
Interviews (12)
Top 40/Album releases (3)
Gig reviews (3)

Question 6.
Yes (11)
No (9)

Question 7.
£1.00 (1)
£1.50-£2.00 (4)
£2.50-£3.00 (10)
£3.00 + (5)

Question 8.
Internet (5)
Radio (4)
Magazines (7)
Television (6)
Other (3)

Question 9.
Singles (3)
Albums (10)
Either (7)

Question 10.
Bright and Colourful (6)
Plain (4)
Both (10)

Question 11.
Yes (12)
No (8)



Pie Charts













Using my questionnaire results I can now make detailed decisions about my magazine.
From looking at my results, I can see that the majority of the 20 people I questioned enjoy their magazines to be presented with a mixture of a bright and colourful layout, and a plain layout. They also enjoy music from a wide range of indie artists and groups, the main bands listed were; Paramore and U2. The majority of my results suggest to me that my target audience enjoy music magazines that are released monthly and that are priced between £2.50 and £3.00. I also discovered that my target audience have mainly purchased between 1 and 3 singles/albums in the past six months, and the majority of them prefer to purchase albums. My questionnaire results also suggest to me that my future purchasers enjoy reading gig reviews, interviews and upcoming artists, and they are interested in the production of music.
I now know what feature and regular content to include in my magazine, how high my magazine should be priced, and how often it should be published. I also know which bands/artists to include on my front cover, contents page and double page spread, and I know to include a mix of bright and plain colours throughout my theme.

1 comment:

  1. Good justification of your U2 article based on your results.

    ReplyDelete