Monday 23 November 2009

Planning

As a starter for producing the material for my magazine, I had to conduct and plan an interview for my double page spread article. This included having to plan questions for an interview with a U2 fan, Colin Parry.
The interview I have decided to use as a rough guide is as follows;

1. How do you consider yourself to be U2's number one fan?
I've travelled to see U2 all over the World, I've bought their music since I was a young boy, I'm in U2 fan clubs, I have all their CD's, posters in my room... All sorts. I'm even trying to get together a U2 tribute band.

Me : What do your family think about your love for the band?
They find it cute. I dont actually have the posters up now of course, that would be a little weird, but I still have them, haha.

Me : Oh wow how interesting. How do you plan on making a tribute band?
A few friends of mine know how to play the guitar and drums. They're all fans too, but not as big as me of course. I've leant them a few of my CD's so they can start to learn the music, and hopefully if this all comes off I will sing for the band.

Me: That certainly will be a huge achievement if you guys pull it off... Where will you plan on performing?
Well my daughters always on Facebook and she's shown me how people are able to produce their own group intivitations. So hopefully, fingers crossed, if I manage to get a few gigs together on there, and have people accept their invitations to attend, it will all run smoothly.

Me: Well best of luck with that, you'll have to invite me if it all goes to plan. So have you been to many U2 concerts?
Yes, I've travelled to a few countries to see them.

Me: Gosh, what dedication. What has been your most memorable concert they performed, and why?
Barcelona, in such a terrific stadium. The weather was beautiful, and it was nothing like travelling in a rush to Manchester or whatever to see a band. I made a weekend out of it, sort of like a mini break with 2 of my brothers. It was certainly a highlight of my life.

Me: Sounds wonderful. How long ago was that?
30th June 2009.

Me: Very precise! I'm sure the band never fail to entertain when performing live?
No, never! They're the greatest live band ever.

Me: Well Bono's a living legend, I'm sure you'll agree?
Yes, he's a typical showman, with an absolutely great voice. He does so much for charity as well as always entertaining, which is great. He's my hero.

Me: Anything inparticular that he's done for charity that sticks out for you?
He does a lot of work for Africa, and obviously Band Aid and Live Aid, which is just indescribable.

Me: How old were you when you started to enjoy his music?
Probably 14/15, the first song I ever remember buying is called "Tomorrow", I don't know if you're too young to have heard it.

Me: Can't say I have, I'll have to check it out... Is that a favourite of yours, or...?
Yes, very closely followed by "Sometimes you can't make it on your own." They're both great songs with interesting lyrics.

Me: Can I see your CD collection?
Yeah sure, I've got every U2 song possible. I've even got Vinyl LP's... Some of the first albums I bought were Vinyl LP's. I have between 10 and 15 singles on Vinyl too.

Me: Oh great. What a dedicated fan you are. Do you know what U2 are up to lately? Any new songs coming out soon?
Well I know their website says that they're going to be performing at the Glastonbury Festival next year, so I'm hoping to get tickets as soon as they go on sale.

Me: Really? Festival tickets are quite pricey... and you're willing to pay that just to see U2?
Like I said, I'm their number one fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment