Sunday 1 November 2009

Main Task Research


Choosing My Genre
After conducting research into existing music magazines I have decided my chosen genre for the making of my own music magazine is Indie, with a target audience of 16-25 year olds.



Research

Possible competitors to my magazine may be:
Q
Kerrang
MOJO
Spin
NME
Clash



Prices and Frequency of Publication for these specific magazines:
Q - £3.90, Monthly magazine.
Kerrang - £1.99-£2.30, Weekly magazine.
MOJO - £4.10, Monthly magazine.
Spin - £4.99, Monthly magazine.
NME - £2.10, Weekly magazine.
Clash - £3.80, Monthly magazine.



I am going to base my magazine mainly around NME, and I am aware that this magazine's issue size is usually around 74 pages.


Regular Content & Feature Articles within these magazines:
Band interviews
Concert dates/reviews
Album reviews
Posters



Images of the magazines I used for my research:













No comments:

Post a Comment